Loaded handgun seized after van crashes into Central Cat Hospital
Driver fled the scene after van smashed into vet clinic on Adelaide St. early Wednesday morning
London police say they seized a loaded handgun and suspected crystal meth after a van drove into a veterinary clinic early Wednesday morning.
Police received a 9-1-1 call about a hit-and-run at the Central Cat Hospital on Adelaide Street—near Central Avenue—just before 4 a.m.
The suspect vehicle was last seen heading south on Adelaide with minor damage to its front-end.
Police stopped the vehicle just outside of their headquarters where a search resulted in the discovery of a loaded handgun. Police say they also found what is believed to be crystal meth.
A 37-year-old London man was arrested. He faces a long list of charges:
- Use/handle/store firearm carelessly
- Possess firearm while prohibited
- Possess prohibited/restricted weapon
- Occupy motor vehicle with firearm
- Possess loaded regulated firearm
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle
- Possession of substance for the purposes of trafficking