City of London closes dog parks in response to COVID-19
The closures are effective immediately
One of the last remaining public gathering places to stay open - the dog park - is locking the gates.
Dog parks across the city are closed immediately.
The City of London says while public parks are open, the enclosed areas for off-leash pooch play need to close to ensure people maintain a physical distance.
Dog parks include:
- Campbell Memorial Park Dog Off-Leash Area - Campbell Memorial Park
- Caesars Off-Leash Area - 941 Commissioners Road East
- Greenway Off-Leash Area – Greenway Park
- Pottersburg-FIDO Off-Leash Area – Pottersburg Park
- Stoney Creek Off-Leash Area - Stoney Creek Meadow
The City of London is asking dog owners to keep their dogs on-leash.
Last week, the city closed its playgrounds, skate parks and multi-use courts. City-owned sports fields, golf courses and community gardens are also closed.