Attack at White Oaks Mall leaves girl with a broken eye socket

A London mother is shocked her daughter and her daughter's friend were attacked Tuesday night inside a White Oaks Mall store, but no one helped her. Police are looking for two 14-year-old female suspects.

Two 17-year-old girls were attacked Tuesday evening inside a store.

Colleen Taylor's daughter, Rebecca (pictured here), is facing surgery after an attack at White Oaks Mall. (Submitted)

Colleen Taylor was not prepared for the frantic phone call she received Tuesday night. Her daughter, Rebecca, 17, had been seriously injured in an attack at White Oaks Mall. 

"I received a phone call at 6:23 from a panicked girlfriend of my daughter's explaining, 'Rebecca's been hurt. She was attacked. I don't know what to do,'" Taylor said.

Taylor rushed to the mall, calling security on her way, in an effort to ensure her daughter was getting help. She was told bystanders had done nothing to intervene during the attack. 

"That is the most shocking part," she said. "I am, of course, completely disturbed she was attacked by these girls and I am equally, I would say, disturbed that people watching, when everybody has a cell phone, no picked up their cell phone and called 9-1-1. It's three numbers."

Daughter's friend didn't want to be videotaped

Taylor said, as far as she understands the story, two 14-year-old girls were filming inside the mall. 

"My daughter's friend said, 'Can you stop filming for a minute? I'd like to go in the store.' They laughed at her and continued to film her. She said, 'Can you please delete that? I don't want to be in your video.' And, they started yelling at her and calling her names I won't repeat," explained Taylor.  

Soon after, Taylor said, things escalated inside the store against her daughter's friend at first. When Rebecca tried to intervene, she was attacked. 

Police investigate

Police attended the scene and are now looking for two 14-year-old girls.

London Police have identified two suspects in the White Oaks Mall attack. (CBC)

"We do have the identities of the two female suspects but they have not been located," said Const. Sandasha Bough Thursday afternoon.

"One of the suspects has been charged by way of warrant application for one count of assault causing bodily harm. The second suspect is charged by way of warrant application for one count of assault and one count of assault with a weapon."

Daughter is angry as she faces surgery

Rebecca will visit a plastic surgeon Friday, her mother said. (Submitted)

Rebecca suffered serious injuries to her left eye and will visit a plastic surgeon Friday. 

"For lack of a medical term, her eye socket is broken and there is a fracture they need to go and repair," said Taylor. "It's upsetting because she feels like she's going to suffer for weeks and you have to wonder what the justice system will do."

Taylor said she's speaking out because she doesn't want something like this to happen to anyone else. She also wants to encourage members of the public to do something when they see a problem.

"If you see something, do something." Taylor said.