What's open, what's closed on Remembrance Day in Waterloo region
Most municipal offices closed except for Cambridge
Thursday is Remembrance Day and it means some services will be closed or hours will be changed for the day.
There are in-person services this year at local cenotaphs and people who plan to attend are encouraged to wear a mask, physically distance themselves from others and reconsider attending if it appears there's a large crowd.
The forecast is calling for a high of 10 C and sunny, with clouds clearing in the morning.
Garbage curbside collection will continue on Thursday as normal; however, the Cambridge and Waterloo (Gate #2) waste sites are closed for residential drop-off.
Grand River Transit will operate its regular weekday schedule but buses and the LRT will pause for two minutes at 11 a.m.
- Retail stores including grocery stores.
- Cambridge city hall.
- LCBO stores will open at 12 p.m.
- The Beer Store will open at 12 p.m.
- Region of Waterloo International Airport.
- Ken Seiling Waterloo Region Museum from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Region of Waterloo Library branches, Kitchener Public Library branches, Idea Exchange branches, Waterloo Public Library branches.
- Cambridge recreation and community centres.
- City of Waterloo's recreation and community centres including RIM Park.
- Kitchener recreation and community centres and pools except Bridgeport Community Centre.
- The Kitchener Aud and arenas will be open in the evening for scheduled rentals.
- Budd Park indoor facility open for rentals.
- Kitchener, Waterloo, regional and township municipal offices.
- Provincial and federal offices.
- Kitchener Market.
- Schneider Haus National Historic Site in Kitchener.
- McDougall Cottage Historic Site in Cambridge.
- Sunnyside Home reception and administration.
- Sunnyside Wellness Centre except for physiotherapy, foot care and hearing clinic appointments.
- Community Alzheimer day programs in Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo.
- Bridgeport Community Centre in Kitchener.
- Lyle S. Hallman walking track at The Activa Sportsplex in Kitchener.