2016 Sunshine List shows top earners at region's post-secondary schools
The provincial government's annual list of Ontario civil servants paid over $100,000 per year was published Friday.
The provincial government annual list of Ontario civil servants paid over $100,000 per year was published Friday.
The annual revelation of publicly-funded salaries over $100,000 showed top earners at Ontario agencies, boards, police and educational institutions.
The top 10 earners at the University of Waterloo all are paid more than $250,000:
- President Feridun Hamdullahpur ($399,999.96).
- Vice presidents Ian Orchard ($305,000.04), Sandra Banks ($299,000.04) and George Dixon ($279,999.96).
- Professors Thomas Scott ($316,407.53), Jeong-Bon Kim ($293,312.08), David Cory $287,219.72), Kenneth Klassen ($270,995.20) and Alan Webb ($269,231.80).
- Mathematics Dean Stephen Watt ($273,728.64).
At Wilfrid Laurier University, the top 10 salaries are:
- President Max Blouw ($371,417.90).
- Vice presidents Deborah Maclatchy ($298,666.57), Robert Donelson ($272,254.16), Deborah Dubenofsky ($250,725.92), Robert Gordon ($245,333.49), J. David McMurray ($232,831.46), James Butler ($225,882.47).
- Deans Micheal Kelly ($264,525.20) and Paul Jessop ($225,932.78).
- James Orbinski - faculty, and second-highest paid on the list ($351,393.65).
At Conestoga College, the top earner was the president:
- President John Tibbits ($409,900.00).
- Chief Administrative Officer Russell Mclay ($252,999.96).
- Vice presidents Barbara Kelly ($187,772.66), Michael Dinning ($184,481.04), Barbara Fennessy ($171,440.43).
- Executive Deans Julia Biedermann ($171,440.43), Gary Hallam ($171,440.43), Sandra Schelling ($159,583.31).
- Chief information officer Fred Woodhall ($167,507.42)
- Chair, nursing Lynn Voelzing ($167,079.75)
At Perimeter Institute, 37 employees made the list, and the top 10 earners are:
- Director Neil Turok ($499,110.04).
- Faculty Robert Myers ($363,162.11), Lee Smolin, ($312,067.00), Jaume Gomis Porqueras ($311,135.39), Kevin Costello ($277,760.52), Freddy Cachazo ($275,376.09), Guifre Vidal Bonafont ($269,546.82) Luis Lehner ($265,096.21), Pedro Viera ($240,000).
- Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer Michael Duschenes ($298,732.65).