Here are the worst times and intersections for collisions in Guelph
Guelph police release their collision statistics for 2018
Guelph police have released the statistics for reported collisions in 2018. Here's what we know:
- The number of collisions went up by 96. In 2017, there were 2,823 collisions. In 2018, there were 2,919.
- The worst month for collisions was November, with 356 incidents.
- The worst day of the week was Thursday, with a total of 507 collisions that occurred on Thursdays.
- The worst time frame for collisions is between 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., with a total of 908 collisions last year.
The top five worst intersections
Here are the top five worst intersections for collisions in Guelph, according to police:
- Silvercreek Parkway and Speedvale Avenue West, with 36 incidents.
- Edinburgh Road South and Stone Road West, 28 incidents.
- Wellington Street West and Edinburgh Road South, 28 incidents
- Gordon Street and Edinburgh Road South, 27 incidents
- Imperial Road North and Woodlawn Road West, 22 incidents
The number of collisions involving pedestrians were 46; involving drugs or alcohol were 42; and involving cyclists 25.