Mistletoe Trail invites lovebirds to kiss at 7 spots in Waterloo region
Mistletoe Trail encourages people to see the region during the holidays
Love is in the air this holiday season in Waterloo region thanks to mistletoe that's been hung up to encourage people to tour the area.
The Mistletoe Trail has seven "Instagrammable" stops around the region, and people are encouraged to stop at each of them for a smooch and a photo.
Some people have already participated, including people who gave their pets a smooch, rather than their partners.
"We wanted something where people can go and explore the region and see all the wonderful Christmas displays that are out there," said, Alison Rath the director of marketing for the Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation.
The locations were chosen so that they're accessible at all times, such as parks and bridges.
If you share your image with the hashtag #ExploreWRMistletoe, you'll be entered into a draw to win a date night package that includes a hotel stay and a dinner.
If you want to meet someone under the mistletoe, the seven locations are:
- Cambridge: at the centre of the pedestrian bridge in downtown Galt.
- Kitchener: on the bridge at Victoria Park
- Waterloo: at Mistletoe Lane (across from Waterloo Public Square).
- Woolwich township: in West Montrose at the covered bridge (also known as The Kissing Bridge) beneath the wreath.
- Wilmot township: in Baden in the gazebo at Castle Kilbride.
- Wellesley township: in the village of Wellesley at the Very Vintage Christmas display outside of Lucy Pearlle.
- North Dumfries township: in Ayr in the gazebo at Centennial Park.