TV show, mini series and documentary all shooting in Cambridge over next week
A documentary, mini-series and TV show all set to film in Galt core
Three different filming projects will be shooting in Cambridge over the next week, which could impact traffic and access to some buildings in Galt.
On Thursday and Friday, a documentary called The Six will be in the city. The documentary is about six Chinese survivors of the Titanic.
One of them, Lee Bing, settled in Cambridge and ran a restaurant called the White Rose Cafe on Main Street.
"Cast and crew will be descending on Main Street, and our own Cambridge archives in an attempt to discover what became of Mr. Bing," the city said in a release.
It's a small crew, so there are no anticipated road closures or parking requests.
On Sunday, the cast and crew of the mini-series Departure will return to the city. They will be filming scenes on private property, on the Grand River and the lower river walk near Mill Race Park.
Parking in part of Water Street Lot #1 and the Parkhill Road Lot could be impacted.
TV show filming will include smoke, special effects
The finish off the month, a production dubbed Rocket Woman, which has been used as an alias for The Handmaid's Tale, will be filming in the Galt core on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The filming "will involve a variety of special effects and situations that may be disturbing to some," including the "graphic depictions of human mortality during filming," the city warns.
As well, there will be a "large structure" put up within Queens Square, there will be drone photography, atmospheric smoke and between 300 and 400 people on set.
This production is filming at Queens Square, Main Street bride and the area around it, 46 Dickson St., and 12 Blair Rd.
This filming will also have the largest impact on traffic and parking:
- Queens Square, Melville Street (North and South) and the Main Street Bridge will be closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days.
- Intermittent stoppages may occur on Dickson Street on Tuesday afternoon.
- Intermittent stoppages may occur on Grand Avenue between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on both days.
- The Market Lot will be closed to the public on Tuesday.
- On-street parking will not be available on Dickson Street between Wellington and Ainslie Streets on Tuesday.
- Reduced parking on Cambridge Street.
- Base camp and crew parking will be located at Galt Arena Gardens (north lot only) from 11 p.m. on Monday through to the early hours of Nov. 29.
- Civic Square (facing Dickson) will be utilized for any site necessary technical vehicles.