Cambridge city hall to stand in for Scotland Yard in new film project
Filming for mini-series Departure set to begin Monday
Cambridge city hall will become Scotland Yard and Cambridge University in a mini-series being filmed in the city this month.
Filming will take place on two days: Monday, Nov. 12 and then again Nov. 25.
City staff say public access to city hall will be maintained, but there may be some "congestion" in the area due to filming.
The project is called Departure, and it's being produced by the makers of Murdoch Mysteries and Frankie Drake Mysteries.
"We encourage residents to visit our core areas, experience the excitement that the film industry brings with them and get a head start on your holiday shopping," the city said in a release.
The city also provided the following list of areas where filming is expected to affect people on Monday:
- Filming in Civic Square, fourth floor training room and Secord Room.
- Filming of main stairs at City Hall, after hours.
- Intermittent stoppages on Wellington Street between Kerr and Dickson.
- Parking - Market Lot and Galt Arena north lot.
And filming is scheduled to take place in these locations on Nov. 25:
- 100 Water Street N.
- The lower river walk near Mill Race Park.
- On the Grand River.
- Parking may be disrupted in the Water Street Lot 1 and the Parkhill Road Lot.