Writers share 6-Minute Memoirs, April 19-20
Can you boil down a life-changing event into a six-minute memoir? A group of Hamilton writers is planning to do just that.
On April 19 and 20 at 8 p.m., a lineup of Hamilton writers will take to the stage at The Staircase Theatre to share personal stories of a significant moment of change or epiphany in their life. And they'll each have just six minutes to do it.
The writers include:
- Miranda Hill, author of Sleeping Funny
- Comedian and playwright Colette Kendall
- Hamilton Spectator columnist Jeff Mahoney
- Writer and book critic Niranjana Iyer
- Amanda Leduc, author of The Miracles of Ordinary Men
- Storyteller and teacher Marianne Daly
- Personal coach and blogger Katie Geoghegan
- Eva Kay, winner of Hamilton's Power of the Pen contest
- Chris Farais, creative director at Kitestring
- Denise Davy, former Spectator reporter and freelance writer
- Jeff Griffiths, poet and creative writing instructor at Mohawk College
- Songwriter and blogger Dan Medakovic
- Anne Bokma, freelance writer
There will be a cash bar available before and after the show, and during intermission.
Tickets are $20. For bookings and information, call the theatre at (905) 529-3000.
The Staircase Theatre is located at 27 Dundurn Street North in Hamilton.