34 birds stolen from Ancaster home
Hamilton police are investigating after 34 exotic birds were stolen out of a shed in Ancaster over the weekend.
Police say they were called in just before 11 a.m. on Nov. 12 about a theft from a home in the area of Floresta Court and Oakley Court.
The investigators were told that a shed that had been built for housing exotic birds was broken into sometime between Nov. 7 and Nov. 12.
- One pair of green singing finches.
- Two pairs of gold breast finches.
- A pair of blue/gold finches.
- A pair of yellow/gold finches.
- Four green-backed gold finches.
- 12 forbes tricolour parrot finches, which police say are "rare and harder to acquire).
Police are currently searching for the person responsible.