Restaurant patios now open in Hamilton; spray pads, pools and beaches coming soon
Beaches open on Friday, spray pads open on Monday
With Stage 2 becoming Hamilton's reality on Friday, the city has now opened up restaurant patios while beaches, spray pads and pools will be ready in days.
Restaurants offering meals on patios must ensure physical distancing measures between customers with different social bubbles.
Other measures include "using reservations, limiting the number of patrons allowed in the outdoor space at one time, and ensuring enough space between tables, including to allow for movement" according to a release from the city.
Customers can't eat indoors yet, but the city says it has received 30 formal applications to use patio spaces.
Hamilton's beaches open on Friday and almost all of the city's spray pads and pools will begin opening in early July.
Here's the list pools that will begin opening on July 6:
- Ancaster Lions Outdoor.
- Coronation Outdoor Pool.
- Dundas Driving Park.
- H.G. Brewster Pool.
- Huntington Park Recreation Centre.
- Pool Jimmy Thompson Pool.
- Ryerson Recreation Centre.
- Sir Winston Churchill Recreation Centre.
- Stoney Creek Recreation Centre.
- Westmount Recreation Centre.
The following outdoor pools will open the week of July 13:
- Birge Outdoor Pool.
- Green Acres Outdoor Pool.
- Inch Park Outdoor Pool.
- Walker Outdoor Pool.
Anyone visiting the pools and spray pads should keep their distance from others, practice proper hygiene and not attend if they are sick or show signs of sickness.
- A previous version of this article said pools will begin opening on Monday. In fact, they will begin to open on July 6.Jun 18, 2020 1:26 PM ET