West Harbour GO will start service with 2 trains each way daily
New GO trains part of a package of schedule changes to account for new station
The new West Harbour Go station will open with two morning trains into Union Station in Toronto.
Two trains will return to Hamilton in the evening.
Go Transit announced train schedule for the new West Harbour Station on James North as part of a package of schedule changes Monday .
The new trains out of the James Street North station station start July 13. They are extensions of existing trains that currently start or end in Aldershot. The new service will means tweaks to other part of the GO schedule for trains and busses into Hamilton.
The schedule for the West Harbour station will be as follows:
- Weekday eastbound trip departs West Harbour at 6:16 a.m., making all stops to Clarkson, then express to Union Station at 7:24 a.m.
- Weekday eastbound trip departs West Harbour at 6:46 a.m., making all stops at to Clarkson, then express to Union at 7:57 a.m.
- Weekday westbound trips departing Union Station at 4:47 and 5:23 p.m. will be extended to West Harbour, arriving at 5:59 and 6:35 p.m.
Go Transit will also adjust times to the previous Lakeshore West GO schedule, beginning June 27th. Those changes are listed here:
- Weekday eastbound 6:12 a.m. trip from Hamilton GO Centre will now depart at 6:00 a.m. and arrive at Union at 7:13 a.m. Times at other stops are also earlier.
- Weekday eastbound 6:32 a.m. trip from Hamilton GO Centre will now depart at 6:30 a.m. and arrive at Union at 7:41 a.m. Times at other stops are also earlier.
- Weekday eastbound 7:05 a.m. trip from Hamilton GO Centre will now depart at 7:00 a.m. and arrive at Union at 8:12 a.m. Times at other stops are also earlier.
Finally, an adjustment to the GO Bus route will see eight weekday westbound 18E trips connect with trains at Aldershot GO Station and service West Harbour GO.
GO Transit said the adjustments will improve overall service frequency and ease crowding.