Inquest announced into 5 Barton Street jail inmate deaths
Inquest will examine the events surrounding the deaths and recommend ways to prevent similar deaths
An inquest into inmate deaths at the Barton Street Jail over the last three years was formally announced by the province on Thursday.
Five inmates' deaths will be included in the joint inquest, announced by Dr. David Eden, the regional supervising coroner for inquests.
- Latest Barton jail deaths may be added drug-related inquest
- Does the Barton Street jail have a deadly drug problem?
The process aims to examine the events surrounding the deaths and make formal recommendations to prevent similar deaths.
- Louis Angelo Unelli died at age 40 on Mar. 17, 2012.
- William Acheson died at age 42 on Sept. 12, 2012.
- Martin Tykoliz died at age 38 on May 7, 2014
- Stephen Conrad Neeson died at age 44 on Feb. 15 of this year.
- David Michael Gillian died at age 46 on May 19 of this year.