Remembrance Day 2017: Where to pay your respects in Hamilton this week
There are multiple ceremonies and events commemorating veterans in Hamilton this week
There are many Remembrance Day events happening across Hamilton this week.
Hundreds are expected to pack Gore Park downtown on Saturday in a show of solemn respect at the main downtown ceremony, which starts with a parade from the John Foote V.C. Armouries on James Street North to the park.
At the service to be hosted by the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, aircraft from the museum are set to fly past as part of its ceremony honouring the area's veterans.
Events also include a commemorative concert put on by the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra on Saturday evening.
Here's where you can pay your respects in and around the city.
- Community Driven Service of Remembrance: 700 Spring Garden Rd., Burlington, Nov. 7, 10 a.m.
- Special Hamilton Military Museum display: 610 York Blvd, Nov. 10 to Nov. 12, noon to 4 p.m.
- Ancaster Remembrance Day Service: Ancaster Old Town Hall, 310 Wilson St. E, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Dundas Remembrance Day Parade and Service: Dundas Cenotaph at the Dundas Lions Memorial Community Centre, 10 Market St. S, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lynden Remembrance Day Service: Royal Canadian Legion, Beverly Branch, 206 Lynden Rd, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Mount Hope Remembrance Day Service: Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, 9280 Airport Rd, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 163 Remembrance Day Service: 435 Limeridge Rd E, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Stoney Creek Remembrance Day parade and service: Stoney Creek Cenotaph King Street and Highway 8, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Downtown Hamilton Remembrance Day service and parade: Parade starts at 10:15 a.m. at the John Foote V.C. Armouries at 200 James St. N, moving to Veterans' Place at Gore Park for a service from 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Waterdown Remembrance Day Service: Royal Canadian Legion, Waterdown Branch 55, 79 Hamilton St. N, 10:45 am to 12:45 pm
- Stories in the Stones: The Veterans Tour: The veterans grave site tour honours the men and women from Hamilton who served from 1776 to the Korean War. Nov. 11, 777 York Boulevard, across from Dundurn Castle. The tour is free and runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- HPO – Hamilton Remembers: A musical ceremony of remembrance. FirstOntario Concert Hall, 1 Summers Lane, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. More info and tickets here.