SAIT, NAIT and other colleges release salaries of top earners
University of Calgary and University of Alberta will have to comply by Thursday
The presidents of NAIT and SAIT are the two highest paid post-secondary leaders revealed to date under salary disclosures mandated by the Alberta government.
David Ross, president of SAIT in Calgary, was the top earner reported so far, with a 2015 base salary of $489,071. His total compensation came to $518,375.
Glenn Feltham, his counterpart at NAIT in Edmonton, earned a base salary of $434,323 in 2015. His total compensation was $468,393.
These salaries are expected to pale in comparison to the compensation paid to the presidents of the University of Calgary and University of Alberta.
Those amounts have not yet been posted. University of Lethbridge has also not released its salaries.
Among the colleges, Keyano College in Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat College and Norquest College in Edmonton still have to disclose salaries. Keyano has been granted an extension because of the wildfire.
Institutions must comply with the new disclosure rules and release details about who is making more than $125,000 a year by June 30.
Here are the salaries for colleges and universities released so far:
- David Ross, SAIT base salary $489,071; total compensation $518,375
- Glenn Feltham, NAIT $434,323; $468,393
- Sharon Carry, Bow Valley College $397,995; $403,228
- Paula Burns, Lethbridge College $372,292; $402,853
- Herbert Thompson, Olds College $356,735; $387,956
- Don Gnatiuk, Grande Prairie Regional College $351,650; $382,399
- Peter MacKinnon, Athabasca University $342,974; $351,252
- David Atkinson, MacEwan University $330,599; $360,081
- David Docherty, Mount Royal University $326,368; $355,034
- Joel Ward, Red Deer College $325,936; $355,283
- Alice Wainwright-Stewart, Lakeland College $267,063; $300,677
- Trent Keough, Portage College $227,647; $265,919
- Ann Everatt, Northern Lakes College $227,990; $264,502
- Peter McKinnon is the interim president of Athabasca University. The original version of this story called him Robert McKinnon, which is how it was listed on the government's salary disclosure site. His legal name is Robert Peter McKinnon but he uses Peter as his first name.Jun 28, 2016 1:39 PM MT