Your local CBC is headed to Mill Woods!
Join us at the Mill Woods Public Library from Sept. 10 to 14
We're setting up shop in one of Edmonton's oldest suburban communities for a one-week pop-up ... and we want to hear your stories.
CBC Edmonton is opening a mini newsroom at the Mill Woods Public Library for the week of Sept. 10 to 14. We'll have staff on site to meet residents and hear their stories.
Whether you're a long-time resident or new to the community, we want to hear what you have to say about life in Mill Woods.
Meet the reporters
|Min Dhariwal grew up in Mill Woods and has nearly 25 years experience working across Alberta, covering countless breaking stories for CBC. He's also reported from the Olympics, Stanley Cup Finals and the Grey Cup. Share your stories with Min at email@example.com|
|Stephanie Dubois is a journalist with CBC Edmonton. She has more than a decade of experience reporting breaking news in print and online. Share your stories with Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kory Siegers is a current affairs producer with CBC Edmonton and has 20 years of experience working in broadcast journalism. She has lived in southeast Edmonton for more than a decade. Share your stories with Kory at email@example.com|
Time and Place
Location: The Mill Woods Public Library is located at 2610 Hewes Way, just north of Mill Woods Town Centre.
- Monday, Sept. 10: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept.11: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept.12: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept.13: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, Sept.14: 5:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 1:30 p.m.: Baby Laptime with Clare Bonnyman
- 6:30 p.m.: Sing, Sign, Laugh and Learn with Min Dhariwal
- 10:15 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.: Sing, Sign, Laugh and Learn with special appearance of Chirp the mascot (from best-selling and well-loved children's magazine Chirp) and CBC Edmonton's Clare Bonnyman
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Get in the game with HNIC in Punjabi's Harnarayan Singh, Edmonton AM's Mark Connolly and Radio Active's Rod Kurtz. Family-friendly activities with a meet and greet with our talent, an opportunity to be an HNIC anchor, take a picture with our Don Cherry and Ron MacLean cutout, skill development with Hanarayan, Mark and Rod.
- 6:15 p.m.: Family Storytime with Radio Active's Rod Kurtz
- 7 p.m.: English Conversation Group with Our Edmonton's Adrienne Lamb
- 5:30-8:30 a.m.: Stop by the Mill Woods Multicultural and Seniors Centre for the September edition of Mark About Town! Edmonton AM will broadcast live with special guests stories from the community. Can't make it in person? Listen live on 93.9 FM or on the CBC Radio App from 5:30 to 8:30 a.m. Special appearances by Olympic medalists Kaetlyn Osmond and Jen Kish.
- 4 - 5 p.m.: Youth Talk with Adrienne Pan
Follow along on social media using #mymillwoodscbc and find more stories on cbc.ca/mymillwoods