Charges withdrawn against Fort McMurray day-home operator accused of sexual assault
Investigators said last year they believed the alleged assaults took place in the man's home
Charges have been withdrawn against a Fort McMurray man accused last year in the sexual assault of a minor.
Shawn Giles was charged in July 2016 with two counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual interference after Wood Buffalo RCMP investigated the assault of a person under the age of 16.
At the time, investigators said they believed the alleged crimes had taken place at a day home Giles operated in the Timberlea neighbourhood.
The charges were withdrawn on Monday.