CBC Indigenous Pathways
Applications are now closed.
Indigenous communities are full of storytellers and community leaders who have unique perspectives, experiences, and stories to share. Indigenous Pathways provides the training, tools and experience to strengthen Indigenous voices and storytelling at Canada's Public Broadcaster.
In this program, participants will:
- Learn skills and tools for working in a modern newsroom.
- Work in journalism, from digital writing to radio and television broadcast.
- Grow relationships with coaches, mentors, colleagues, their cohort, and fellow Indigenous CBC staff.
- Create multi-platform storytelling that merges Indigenous storytelling with CBC journalism.
In addition to hands-on experience and coaching, participants will go through a "journalism bootcamp" with top instructors from across Canada.
CBC Indigenous Pathways is for you if:
- You are an emerging storyteller who identifies as First Nations, Inuit or Métis
- You have a deep interest in storytelling.
- You want to gain practical, hands-on experience working in a CBC newsroom.
Applications for Indigenous Pathways are now closed. Thank you to everyone who has applied.
If you have any questions or want to talk more about the program, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org