Business news quiz | Test your memory of Calgary's big stories in 2018
From the oil price differential to the continuing fight over the Trans Mountain pipeline, Calgary's business news unit was kept busy in 2018 covering the challenges facing Alberta's energy sector.
But looking back through the 20 stories that grabbed the most attention over the past year, it's clear that readers were also interested in a wide range of stories about business and economic issues in southern Alberta.
Take the quiz below to see how many of our top stories you can recall.
(After you're done, look at the links to the stories that inspired each question).
- Retrofitting suburbia: Old shopping malls can be saved by their parking lots
- Disappearing deposits: What happens when banks lose your money
- WestJet flight attendants claim they're paid less than minimum wage
- Bitcoin mining uses so much electricity that 1 city could curtail facility's power during heat waves
- Alberta is in 'crisis' over low energy prices, Trudeau acknowledges, as thousands protest in Calgary
- Growing grey wave set to crash on Alberta trades
- How the high-flying job of a pilot lost its glamour
- WestJet apologizes for asking customers to record its flight attendants
- CP Rail fires conductor again, this time after revealing social media pictures and posts
- Research begins to turn bitumen into 'radically different products'