WestJet to offer weekly flight to Belize from Calgary in beefed up winter schedule
Calgary-based airline adding 125 flights in and out of Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto
WestJet is adding a weekly direct flight from Calgary to Belize as part of a new winter schedule that includes 125 new flights in and out of its home city, as well as Vancouver and Toronto.
The Calgary-based airline said in a release Monday that its 2017-18 seasonal schedule also includes new domestic flights from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, Fort McMurray, Kelowna, Brandon, Grande Prairie and Kitchener.
The carrier is also adding new flights from Calgary to Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Cancun and Cabo San Lucas.
"WestJet provides more service at YYC than any other carrier and we are committed to continuing to expand our presence in the years to come," said WestJet president and CEO Gregg Saretzky.
"We are pleased to announce new service to Belize as well as an additional 52 flights per week this winter which will help drive growth at the airport and in the community."
WestJet is increasing these Calgary routes:
- Calgary-Vancouver, from 90 to 97 times weekly.
- Calgary-Toronto, from 58 to 68 times weekly.
- Calgary-Fort McMurray, from four to five times each business day.
- Calgary-Kelowna, from six to seven times.
- Calgary-Brandon, from 10 to 12 times weekly.
- Calgary-Grande Prairie, 19 to 26 times weekly.
- Calgary-Kitchener, from five to seven times weekly.
- Calgary-Los Angeles, from 11 to 14 times weekly.
- Calgary-Phoenix, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Palm Springs, from 18 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Cancun, from 14 to 16 times weekly.
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from seven to eight times weekly.
"Enhancing the WestJet network out of their home base is a strategic investment to advance one of their largest hubs, and provide YYC passengers with more options to connect out of Calgary," said Calgary Airport Authority president and CEO Bob Sartor in a release.