Trip Advisor rates Vero Bistro 4th best restaurant in Canada
Unassuming Kensington eatery has consistently high grades
Travel and review site Trip Advisor released its list of the best restaurants in Canada, and one unexpected Calgary eatery broke into the Top 10 at No. 4.
Vero Bistro Moderne in Kensington was the only Alberta restaurant on the list and only one of three west of Ontario.
"We were so happy and so grateful," said owner and executive chef Jenny Chan.
"It's just like my dream. Running a restaurant and opening a restaurant, it's always my dream and cooking is my passion."
The unassuming Italian bistro on 10th Street has a fairly simple philosophy for satisfying its customers. "I just cook what I want to eat," said Chan, adding there's a solid team at the restaurant that's constantly striving to improve.
She also says almost half of her clientele are from out of town.
Trip Advisor's 2015 best restaurants in Canada are:
- 1. Europea in Montreal
- 2. Le Saint-Amour in Quebec City
- 3. Scaramouche Restaurant in Toronto
- 4. Vero Bistro Moderne in Calgary
- 5. Raudz Regional Table in Kelowna
- 6. AG in Niagara Falls
- 7. Rim Rock Café & Oyster Bar in Whistler
- 8. Beckta Dinning & Wine in Ottawa
- 9. Le Continental in Quebec City
- 10. Richmond Station in Toronto