11 Calgary restaurants on Canada-wide list of 100 best patios
18 restaurants across Alberta land on the list of top 100 best patios in the country
Eleven Calgary restaurants have popped up on the 100 best patios in Canada list, just in time for the outdoor eating and drinking season.
The 100 Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants in Canada for 2016, provided by Open Table — a leading international operator of online restaurant reservations, used the opinions of 275,000 restaurant reviewers by Open Table diners for more than 1,700 restaurants in Canada.
The reviews were submitted between May 1, 2015, and April 30, 2016.
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | Snapchat: a glimmer of authenticity in the realm of social media
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | Trials for preventative migraine drug underway in Calgary
Calgary's 11 patios include city-wide restaurants from downtown to the suburbs and, like all the eateries on the list, are noted for their views, vibe, food and location.
"Outdoor dining has become a staple in Canada's highly anticipated patio season, with locals and tourists on the search for the next lush landscape or urban oasis to enjoy the warm weather and a memorable dining experience," said Ziv Schierau, an Open Table spokesperson in a news release.
In total, Alberta had 18 patios on the list. Ontario led all provinces with 41, followed by British Columbia with 34 and Québec with five.
Here's the list of top patios in Calgary.
- Bonterra Trattoria
- Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant
- The Living Room Restaurant
- Redwater Rustic Grille – Aspen Estates
- River Café
- Scopa Neighbourhood Italian
- Symons Roadhouse
Seven more restaurants made the list in Alberta.
Top patios around Alberta:
- The Bavarian Inn Restaurant – Bragg Creek
- Firestone Restaurant and Bar – Lethbridge
- Harvest Room – Fairmont Hotel Macdonald – Edmonton
- Iron Goat Pub & Grill – Canmore
- Italian Farmhouse Restaurant & Bar – Bragg Creek
- Juniper Bistro – The Juniper Hotel – Banff
- The Parlour Italian Kitchen & Bar – Edmonton
See the complete list.