Jim Stevenson re-elected in Ward 3
2 candidates ran in council race for this northeast riding
Jim Stevenson is back for four more years after winning re-election in Ward 3.
This sprawling northeast riding has been represented by Stevenson for the last two terms. His challenger, Tanveer Taj, unsuccessfully ran for a public school trustee position in the last municipal election.
Fast-growing suburbs, traffic and development around the airport are big issues to manage in this ethnically-diverse ward which straddles the Deerfoot corridor. Look for Stevenson to be at the ribbon-cutting of that $300-million airport tunnel next spring.
Join the conversation about Ward 3. Post your comments below or use #yycvote or #ward3 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 87,914
- Per cent population: 7.6%
- Total dwellings: 28,184
- Percentage of home ownership: 82.32%
- Vacancy rate: 2.14%
- Largest age group: 35-44
- Bicycle: 31 Transit: 3,810 Drove alone: 18,667
- Current alderman: Jim Stevenson
- Communities: Calgary International Airport, Cityscape, Country Hills Village, Coventry Hills, Harvest Hills, Horizon*, Panorama Hills, Pegasus, Redstone, Saddle Ridge, Saddle Ridge Industrial, Skyview Ranch, Stoney 1, Stoney 2, Stoney 4, Taradale
*Horizon also in Ward 5
Public School Board
- Rick Lundy
- Wilf Phillips
- WINNER: Lynn Ferguson (Incumbent)
Catholic School Board
Linda Wellman - Acclaimed, no vote held Oct. 21.