Calgary

Fire that killed homeless man ruled an accident

A fire in southeast Calgary that killed one homeless man and injured two others at the camp they shared has been ruled accidental.

A fire in southeast Calgary that killed one homeless man and injured two others at the camp they shared has been ruled accidental.

Investigators said Wednesday that they believe the fire was fuelled by two small propane tanks at the camp.

Firefighters were called to the scene early Tuesday after reports of an explosion and fire. They found the body of a man after the flames were put out. His name has not been released.

Two men were taken to hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.

Several tents and sleeping bags were found at the camp in the Manchester industrial park.

now