Family blames Mexican diving company in woman's death
Calgary woman Ronda Cross had done more than 200 scuba dives around the world
A Calgary family is still reeling after their loved one died in Mexico over the weekend.
Ronda Cross was killed Saturday while scuba diving in Cabo San Lucas on the Baja Peninsula.
Her husband and father blame the diving company. They say there was carbon monoxide in the air tanks.
Ronda’s husband Colin Cross said he thinks the company was negligent.
"I was relieved to know it wasn't her fault, not recklessness."
Cross said he and his wife — who lived in both Calgary and at their recreational property in Elkford, B.C. — had done more than 200 dives around the world.
"[The tank] is your life support."
Dennis Cross, Ronda's father-in-law, said he is still in shock.
"We just can’t get our minds around it. It just, something shouldn’t happen, how does it happen?"
The family is hoping that by coming forward, they can stop it from happening to somebody else.
Police are investigating and have seized the tanks and equipment.