Saddle up with CBC Calgary for the last time on Memorial Drive
Join us on July 6 for the CBC Sobeys Stampede Breakfast
For over 30 years, the CBC pancake breakfast has unofficially kicked off the Calgary Stampede. This year's CBC Sobeys Stampede Breakfast on Thursday, July 6, from 7-9 a.m. will be our last before we move from our Memorial Drive location, and we're going out with a bang!
Our favourite Western activities are returning for another year:
- A Stampede-themed live broadcast of The Calgary Eyeopener with David Gray and Angela Knight.
- Live music from Tim Hus and his band.
- CBC Kids mascot Daniel Tiger will be greeting the smallest cowpokes.
- Western kids crafts.
- The Calgary Food Bank will be onsite collecting donations. Sobeys will be matching all donations made during the breakfast, up to $3,000!
- Get your own souvenier photo printed at the breakfast when you post to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #giddyupCBC.
- Take a turn at the CBC prize wheel where everyone's a winner!
- Oh … and did we mention delicious pancakes and coffee?
A couple of exciting new additions for this year:
- Renowned pancake artist Dan the Pancake Man will be creating caricatures out of pancake batter. You can preview some of his creative work here and then come see him in person at the breakfast.
- Be transported to the native environments of polar bears in Churchill, Man.; gannets in Bird Rock, N.L.; and caribou in Northern Quebec through the CBC Docs virtual reality experience The Wild Canadian Year.
So round up your herd and mosey on over to CBC Calgary (1724 Westmount Blvd. NW) on Thursday, July 6, from 7-9 a.m.
How to get here:
- Parking in the area is extremely limited, but Scouts Canada has graciously offered our guests use of their parking lot (2140 Brownsea Dr. N.W.).
- Bus or C-Train is always a good option.
- Why not ride your bike? We will have bike racks onsite courtesy of Alberta Bike Swap.