How to contact CBC Calgary
Welcome to the local CBC Calgary newsroom.
If you'd like to reach us with a story suggestion or news tip, the best way to reach the maximum number of people in radio, TV and online is by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to reach us by phone, please call: 403-521-6340.
You can also reach out on social media:
If you'd like to share photos or video, you can reach out on social media (see above) or email: CalgaryPhotos@cbc.ca.
To reach individual CBC Calgary radio and TV programs:
- CBC Calgary: News at 6 and other Calgary TV news shows: email@example.com
- Calgary Eyeopener: 403-521-6209 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alberta@Noon: 1-800-461-9219 | email@example.com
- The Homestretch: 403-521-6244 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daybreak Alberta:1-888-711-7111 | email@example.com
- Key of A: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other key CBC Calgary contacts?
- Programming: Managing Editor, Helen Henderson, 403-521-6221
- Communications: Alisha Edgelow, 403-521-6091, email@example.com
- CBC Media Solutions:
- Audience Relations:
- By e-mail: Ask us a question through our CBC Help Centre contact form
- By phone: 1-866-306-4636 (toll free, Canada only); 1-866-220-6045 (TTY/teletypewriter, hearing impaired only)
- By mail: CBC National Audience Services P.O. Box 500, Station A Toronto, Ontario M5W 1E6 Canada
Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 2640, Calgary, Alta., T2P 2M7.
As of Oct. 23, 2017, our physical address is Unit 105 - 1000 Veteran's Place N.W., Calgary.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
We've answered the other most common most frequently asked questions below.
What do I do if I have a question about any web, TV, Radio or News Network programming that wasn't from CBC Calgary?
You can contact Audience Relations by mail at: CBC, P.O. Box 500, Station A, Toronto, ON, M5W 1E6, Canada. You can also reach them by phone:
Toll free voice or TTY message,
1-866-306-4636 (toll free, Canada only)
1-866-220-6045 (TTY/teletypewriter, hearing impaired only)
- How do I contact a host or broadcast reporter directly?
You can reach out to our hosts and our broadcast reporters via email or Twitter. Due to the large volume of messages we receive, we will not be able to respond to all messages.
- How do I contact the local news departments with a news tip or story idea?
If you have a news tip, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I alert the CBC to reception difficulties?
Please email the details to Eldon Borle. Provide your location and frequency, the date, time and what you heard.
- How do I suggest an idea or pose a question to a local show?
Send an e-mail to the appropriate program listed above.
- How do I suggest an idea or pose a question to a national show?
Go to Programs A-Z, look for the listing for that show, then follow the link to the website for that show. Look for the "Contact Us" section of the site.
- Can I get transcripts and/or tapes of programs?
You can purchase copies of Local/national news or current affairs programs through Cision. Please note that prices and the length of time programs are kept varies.
2424-4th Street SW Suite 520
Calgary, AB T2S 2T4
Toll Free: 800-773-9817
National numbers for Cision:
CBC Television - 1-800-363-1281
CBC Radio - 1-800-363-1530
Other programs might be available for home and educational use. You can search online through CBC Shop or CBC Learning.
- How can I find out the name of the song I just heard on CBC Radio? First, look up the program page of the radio program you were listening to. Then, look under the link Music Playlists on the right hand menu of that page under the date and time you were listening.
- How do I find out about jobs at the CBC?
Click on Jobs at the bottom of any page on the CBC.ca site.
How do I get help with audio and/or video?
That information can be found on the Audio/Video help page here.
I have a CD that I would like you to play. Where do I send it?
The CBC Music Library no longer accepts hard copy Cds.
How can I share my music with CBC audiences?
Interested in sharing your music with us? There are two ways to do so!
1. Via the CBC Music Library by emailing email@example.com
Please indicate the specific CBC Music or CBC Radio One program you want your submission to be considered for by indicating in the subject line of your email: "Attention: [Program Name]"
You can submit electronically directly to the Music Library with the following:
Attached digital file (WAV format preferred) or downloadable links with album art, and liner notes that list artist, composer and production credits
Artist biography and/or media kit with contact information
2. Via the CBC Music Artist Pages
To get your music heard across CBC Music platforms, create a profile and upload your music to the CBC Music artist pages
* Please note that the exclusive purpose of firstname.lastname@example.org is to make your submitted music available to CBC Radio One and CBC Music programs for consideration. The account will not reply to requests for radio play or to questions concerning radio play.
- What are your channels/frequencies?
These are listed on the Frequency Guide section.
If you still can't find the answer you're looking for, please use our Contact Form.