Second man shot in Rundle in late December has also died
Police ask for public's help to find man who drove 2 victims — both 22-year-old men — to hospital
A second man who was injured during a shooting in late December in the northeast Calgary community of Rundle has died in hospital, police say.
On Dec. 30, police responded to calls reporting that shots had been fired around 3:45 a.m. in the 100-block of Rundlemere Road N.E. By the time police arrived, everyone had left the scene.
The victims of the shooting — both 22-year-old men — were taken to hospital by a man driving a white 2018 Ford Fusion, with Alberta licence plate CFB 8504. Police have since located the vehicle, but not the driver.
Both were in critical condition upon arrival at hospital and the first victim, Keem Geng, was declared dead.
The second victim died on Jan. 10, Calgary police said in a statement issued on Tuesday.
After an autopsy, the victim was identified as Achor Jal, police said.
Police believe the incident was targeted, but offered no other details.
Jal's death brings the 2019 homicide total to 21, police said.
Anyone with information about the shooting or the driver's whereabouts is being asked to contact police at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers.