15 Calgary dining spots make list for Canada's 100 best restaurants
Are any of your favourites included this year?
OpenTable has announced Canada's 100 Best Restaurants in 2019 and over a dozen of Calgary eateries have made it onto the list.
From Lulu Bar to Ten Foot Henry, 15 Calgary dining establishments have been named as some of the most popular across Canada.
The Top 100 list was generated solely from OpenTable diner reviews collected between Oct. 1 and Sept. 30, according to a release from OpenTable.
"Qualifying restaurants were then sorted according to an overall score generated by unique data points, such as overall diner rating, user klout, total number of reviews and regional overall rating."
Calgary restaurants included in the 2019 national list:
- Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant
- Escoba Bistro and Wine Bar
- Hy's Steakhouse
- Klein / Harris
- Lulu Bar
- Niko's Bistro
- Posto Pizzeria and Bar
- Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House
- Sukiyaki House
- Ten Foot Henry
- The Nash
- Vero Bistro Moderne
- Workshop kitchen + culture
OpenTable says the popular dining spots were selected from more than 500,000 verified diner reviews of over 3,000 restaurants across the country.
The release adds that this year's most notable trends among diners include:
- References to plant-based foods have increased by 136 per cent since 2017.
- Swapping out crust for cauliflower was mentioned 487 per cent more in diner reviews since 2017.
- Jackfruit was mentioned 148 per cent more in reviews since 2017 as a stand-in for meat dishes like pulled pork.
- Diners are interested in trying new things; 70 per cent of reservations came from new diners booking specific restaurants for the first time on OpenTable.
- North American cuisine was most popular for breakfast and lunch, but Italian reigned supreme as the most popular cuisine for dinner
Did one of your favourite restaurants make it onto the list? Tell us in the comments below!