Busy section of Bow River pathway won't reopen on time
A popular section of the Bow River pathway that caused frustration for users when it closed will remain closed for longer than anticipated.
The heavily travelled section along Parkdale Boulevard N.W. between 29th Street and the Crowchild Trail pedestrian underpass was shut down July 23 to repair a storm water system.
It caught many commuters and pathway users by surprise.
- Commuters in 'shock' after section of Bow River pathway closed in northwest Calgary
- City plays catch up as pathway users spill onto Memorial Drive due to detour signs
The pathway was expected to open mid-October, but the city says that's now been delayed until sometime in November because of design changes.
A small section near the Pumphouse Theatre on the south side of the river will also remain closed.
The section from Brownsea Drive N.W. to 14th Street N.W. is on schedule to re-open by mid-October, according to the city.
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | New Horizon Mall sitting mostly empty following summer opening
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | City costs will be higher than estimated if Olympic bid succeeds, officials warn
- Read more articles by CBC Calgary, like us on Facebook for updates and subscribe to our CBC Calgary newsletter for the day's news at a glance