3 cats dead, 1 survives after Forest Lawn townhouse fire
Owners told neighbours that grease fire started the blaze
The Calgary Fire Department responded Sunday afternoon after a fire broke out in a townhouse complex in Forest Lawn, killing three of the four cats in one unit.
Smoke was reported coming from a home in the 1300 block of 42nd Street S.E. around 2 p.m. MT. Fire crews arrived and quickly brought the fire under control.
Dozens of people living in the complex were forced to leave but no injuries were reported.
One cat did manage to survive and was reunited with its owner, who lost three of her other cats.
Officials say people will be allowed back into their homes later Sunday afternoon.