Vancouver man arrested in 2 transit sex assaults
Yusuf Ziya Kocak, 64, released on strict conditions
A 64-year-old Vancouver man is facing two counts of sexual assault after two women were groped on public transit.
Vancouver police Const. Lindsey Houghton says Yusuf Ziya Kocak was arrested at his home Monday following several tips from the public.
Houghton says Kocak has been released with strict conditions
"He was released from custody on a number of conditions, but most importantly not to be on any public transit in the entire province of British Columbia," said Houghton.
"We are asking anyone who sees him in violation of those conditions to please contact the local police immediately."
Houghton says Kocak was not known to police previously but investigators are looking at other unsolved assaults to see if there is any connection.
On Feb. 22, a 20-year-old woman was allegedly groped on a city bus. When she boarded the SkyTrain in an attempt to get away, police say the man followed her onto the train and chased her a short distance before walking off.
Several hours later a 16-year-old was assaulted on the Millennium Line between New Westminster and Lougheed stations.