#UPCYCLEWIN with CBC Vancouver
Use what you have, and make things better
SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED. Check out some of your #UPCYCLEWIN entries here and stay tuned for finalist information.
Instead of throwing things out, CBC Vancouver is encouraging you to use what you have, and make things better.
From January 5-25, show us your best upcycle project!
You could win a sustainable farm-to-table dining experience for four at Forage.
How to enter:
- Get your craft on, using a minimum of 75% upcycled materials
- Take and upload a series of photos, a time-lapse video, or make a before-and-after collage
- Tweet us or tag us @CBCVancouver on Instagram or Twitter and use hashtag #UPCYCLEWIN
Meet your judges:
- Steven Sabados, co-host of The Goods and style expert
- Gloria Macarenko, host of Our Vancouver on CBC Television, B.C. Almanac and The Story From Here on CBC Radio One
- Sheryl MacKay, host of North by Northwest on CBC Radio and craft aficionado
Projects will be judged on:
- Originality - creative use of product, unique design, creative use of upcycled materials
- Functionality - functionality of design, functionality of the product itself, general public appeal for such product
- Intricacy - complexity of design, focus on details, complexity of the project, use of multiple upcycled materials
- Overall look - good workmanship, use colour and design
Here's a few examples!
One entry per person. Judges will select finalists after contest closes. Winner will be selected by public vote from the judged finalists.