Top 5 reasons why boy bands matter
As boy-band fans gear up for tonight's New Kids On The Block, Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees show, CBC Radio's Lisa Christiansen looks at why you should appreciate the often maligned boy-band.
The Package Tour brings New Kids On The Block, Boyz II Men, and 98 Degrees to Vancouver's Rogers Arena tonight
As Vancouver gears up for tonight's New Kids On The Block, Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees show, CBC Radio's Lisa Christiansen looks at why boy bands remain relevant.
- Every generation has its own boy band. Why remember 1990 as the year you started paying GST, when you could remember it as the year Step by Step took off?
- What else would tweens stick on their binders and lockers or tweet about?
- Morgan Spurlock, director of Supersize Me, is making a documentary on English boy band One Direction.
- Boy bands launched the careers of Mark Wahlberg, Ricky Martin, and Robbie Williams.
- Just because you can't play an instrument or write music, doesn't mean you can't have a musical career.
You can follow Lisa Christiansen on Twitter @LisachristCBC