British Columbia

Teen charged in Langley road fatality case

An 18-year-old has been charged with manslaughter following a strange road accident in Langley that left a 52-year-old man dead.

An 18-year-old man appeared in a Surrey, B.C, Provincial Court Wednesday to face a manslaughter charge in connection with a road fatality that occurred earlier this week in Langley.

Police allege that Sean Eric Carter was involved in a fight that left a 52-year-old man injured on a Langley road. William Michael Nash was later struck by a car and died.

Police suspect that Nash may have first been injured during a confrontation with one or more men moments before he was struck by the car.

Police said the driver of the automobile will not be charged.

Cpl. Dale Carr, a spokesman for the RCMP's Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, said the Crown approved a charge ofmanslaughter being laid against the teenager.

"If you are involved in a fight and a person dies as a result later on, and you could have done something to prevent that, you could face a criminal charge of manslaughter or criminal negligence, depending on the circumstances.''

now