4 displaced after kitchen fire spreads through Surrey townhouse
Fire was contained to a single townhouse in a complex near Surrey Central
Four people have been displaced after a kitchen fire spread through a townhouse in Surrey.
Fire crews were called to the two-alarm blaze at a townhouse complex near 102A Ave and 133 Street around 11 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials said the two occupants of the house escaped before flames engulfed the interior of their two-storey building.
House Fire @ Surrey Central, June 19th <a href="https://t.co/Ek3dMqtZru">pic.twitter.com/Ek3dMqtZru</a>—@nullbear
"There were multiple calls … they came there and they did see flames showing from the front of the building," said Battalion Chief Spiro Pegios.
"They made an interior attack and … basically confined it to that unit."
Pegios said crews believe the fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread to the rest of the house.
Two people from an adjacent unit were also displaced for the night, after their home suffered some water damage from the fire.
The occupants of the affected townhouse were treated on scene for minor smoke inhalation.