Randy Scott denies he was speeding again on Trans-Canada highway
'I don't drive like an idiot. That wasn't me,' Scott says
The man at the centre of a speeding controversy says he wasn't driving the white Lamborghini that was seen speeding up to 200 kilometres an hour on the Trans-Canada Highway near Victoria and Saanich.
Randy Scott claims he's being unfairly targeted by police because he was previously charged with dangerous driving. Police said he was the man in a viral video of a motorcycle weaving through traffic near Victoria at speeds approaching 300 kilometers an hour, but Scott was acquitted in 2013.
This time, a Saanich police officer says he got a good look at who was behind the wheel of the $120,000 luxury car, which was seized on Friday.
"In this case it was critical for us to make sure we had the right car to be able to identify the driver. I confirmed the person standing with the vehicle was the same person I saw," says Sgt. John Price. "I watched that vehicle continue southbound and was able to get a look at the driver."
Scott admits its his car, but the 28 year old denies it was him speeding on the highway.
"I don't drive like an idiot. That wasn't me," Scott said.
"The cops didn't see me doing it. They just assume it was me. It's wrong how they target me. Bad blood from the bike case is what all this crap is about."
The car was impounded and the driver was fined $483 and given six demerit points.
Scott says he got back the car after police seized it for a weapons investigation.
"The gun charges never got approved. But they won't give them back and are seeking a firearms prohibition because they think I'm a danger to the public."
Scott didn't divulge who was driving his car, if not him.