On The Coast presents its 'Gay and Grey' series
Listen to the entire series about aging in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community
On The Coast produced a series of documentaries, interviews, and public forum to talk about aging in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
This podcast, narrated by CBC Radio One's Stephen Quinn, will take you through the entire series so you can catch anything you missed.
- Stephen Quinn's documentary about former city councillor Alan Herbert
- Gerontologist Brian De Vries on the challenges LGBT people face in their senior years
- Researcher Shari Brotman's perspective on how well Canadian care facilities are taking care of LGBT seniors
- Lisa Christiansen's documentary about Chris Morrissey and Bridget Coll, lesbians who rely on friends for support with dementia
- Jennifer Chen tells the story of transgender senior Nanci Blu
- Dr. Sylvia Guillemi's story about helping patients into their second and third decade of living with HIV
- Jodie Martinson's documentary about the love between Doug Kidd and Alex Kameniczky
- Dean Malone's attempt to build a LGBT care facility in Vancouver
- Matthew Lazin-Ryder's documentary about a man coming out as a senior citizen
- Highlights from On The Coast's public forum at the Fountainhead Pub in Vancouver
Listen to On the Coast weekdays on CBC Radio One from 3 to 6 p.m. PT in Metro Vancouver.