North Vancouver road rage caught on video
A video posted on YouTube seems to show two men throwing punches at each other during a road rage incident in North Vancouver.
The video shows an altercation between a young man in a red T-shirt and an older man sporting a black hoodie on Main Street, north of the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge.
According to the caption posted with the video, the incident erupted after a near miss, in which the younger man almost crashed into the back of the older driver's car, after repeatedly weaving in and out of traffic.
Police say they have received no complaints and are not investigating the incident.
Tips for avoiding road rage
- Avoid eye contact with aggressor.
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Leave space to drive away.
- Don't confront anyone.
- If you're followed, go to police. Never go home.
- If someone is being threatening, call 911.
- If you make a mistake, gesture to others to apologize.
Source: Allan Lamb, Justice Institute of B.C.
- The original YouTube video has since been pulled down from the website. As a result, links to the YouTube video in this story have been removed.Jun 27, 2013 6:30 AM PT