Knox Mountain fire: evacuation alert lifted in Kelowna
Firefighters say the fire is now fully contained and have rescinded the evacuation alert
An evacuation alert has been lifted for residents living near Knox Mountain Park in Kelowna, B.C., after firefighters managed to get a brush fire under control.
The three-hectare brush fire triggered an evacuation alert on Sunday evening. But by early Monday morning about 30 firefighters from the Kelowna Fire Department had managed to get the fire fully under control.
- Read the latest stories about wildfires in B.C
- Elaho Valley wildfire likely to grow
- Wildfire burning west of Nanaimo still growing
- Central Okanagan emergency updates
- Google Maps: Knox Mountain Park