Jane Fonda sex comments resonate with Kelowna, B.C. seniors
77-year-old fitness icon and actor told Italian TV show she would be sad if she never had sex again
Actor and fitness icon Jane Fonda, 77, is making headlines after speaking about having sex in her senior years on Italian TV show Che Tempo che Fa, saying she would be sad if she never had sex again, but she'd also be OK with it.
Her comments resonated with senior women at a HeART Fit drop-in art class in downtown Kelowna, B.C., who shared their own experiences of senior sex with Daybreak South's Gillianne Richards.
Here's some of what they had to say:
- "There are times when I see my husband and I think, 'Oh, wow, let's go.'"
- "I really can take it or leave it at this point in my life. There was a point in my life where I couldn't, but I can now — but intimacy is very important to me."
- "It's the last thing I think about. Seriously. It doesn't have the same importance that it once had."
- "I think as you get older, you go for quality, not quantity."
- "It's healthy — it's creative aging."
- "I don't think it has changed very much over the years. I've been with my husband for 20 some years and I don't think it has changed that much."
After asking the women at the art class about senior sex, Richards asked one of the men in the class how he would feel if he never had sex again.
"I would die, and I'm 80," he answered.
To hear the full conversation, click the audio labelled: Kelowna seniors speak openly about sex.