The Early Edition explores Asian-Canadian representation in media
Listen now to 'Stories We Live: Representing Asian Voices and Faces' on CBC Listen
Media. We're consuming it all day, every day. But are the voices we hear and the faces we see as diverse and reflective of Canada as they could be?
May is Asian Heritage Month and CBC Radio One's The Early Edition took a deep dive into the representation of Asian-Canadians in film, TV, music, journalism and social media.
Listen as local Asian-Canadian artists and creatives share their stories about making their mark in the vast media landscape.
- Asian representation in film LISTEN HERE
- The music industry can be merciless -- especially for local artists of Asian heritage LISTEN HERE
- Asian writers face obstacles getting their words printed and how they push past that LISTEN HERE
- How far journalism needs to come for representation LISTEN HERE
- The online world offers plenty of opportunities to create and tell stories, without waiting for the chance to be given to Asian-Canadians LISTEN HERE
The Early Edition airs weekdays from 5:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m. on CBC Radio One and across the province at CBC Listen and check back at cbc.ca/bc all month long for more Asian Heritage Month features, highlights and news.