419: Public forum on cannabis and youth
On April 19, join CBC Vancouver and bring your questions to this intergenerational dialogue
Join Gloria Macarenko, host of CBC Radio One's On The Coast, on the evening of April 19, 2018 in the auditorium of Vancouver Technical Secondary School for 419, a community forum on marijuana, teens and youth.
Bring your questions. Bring your comments. Bring your concerns.
419 will be a platform for intergenerational, inter-community dialogue fuelled by a diverse panel of experts.
Auditorium | Vancouver Technical Secondary School
Recreational cannabis use is set to be legal across Canada as of this summer. What do parents and young people need to know about cannabis laws and cannabis consumption so they can make informed decisions?
Panelists will include:
- Art Steinmann, Manager, School Age Children and Youth (SACY) and Substance Use Health Promotion, Vancouver School Board
- Annie Smith, Executive Director, McCreary Centre Society
- Mike Serr, Deputy Chief Constable, Abbotsford Police and Chair, Drug Advisory Committee, Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- Agnes Tong, Lawyer, Acumen Law and former Crown Prosecutor
- Dr. Reka Gustafson, Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Dan Sutton, CEO, Tantalus Labs
The evening will be divided into two sections each animated by performances from actors of the Green Thumb Theatre followed by panel discussions moderated by Gloria Macarenko.
The first portion will examine what we know about the effects of recreational cannabis use on young people. The second will discuss how young people can use make the most informed, healthy choices. The event will close with a Q&A period.
Tickets are free, but seating is limited. Register now.