British Columbia

Chlorine leak forces evacuation of Vancouver school

One person was hospitalized because of a chlorine leak at St George's School in Vancouver on Monday.

One person was hospitalized because of a chlorine leak at St. George's School in Vancouver on Monday.

According to Vancouver fire officials, the Hazmat team was called in and the school was evacuated but students were allowed to return early Monday afternoon.

Officials say the leak was related to work being done on a decomissioned pool, which resulted in a small amount of chlorine spilling.

St. George's, a private boys' school for Grades 1 to 12, is located in Vancouver's Dunbar neighbourhood.

now