B.C. sex-ed: 10 hilarious questions Saleema Noon has been asked
Is the ocean salty because of whale sperm?
She's heard it all.
Saleema Noon, who has been teaching sex ed in B.C. schools for nearly 15 years, isn't surprised by the nature of the questions she receives from the students she teaches.
"What our kids are exposed to in terms of sexually graphic material and innuendos — not just pornography but in media in general — has impacted their curiosity," she said.
She is sometimes amazed though at the age of those asking the questions.
"Questions that I used to be asked by Grade 8 and 9 students are coming up in Grade 6," Noon said.
Here are the top 10 most entertaining questions she's been asked by the many students she's taught over the years:
1. Why do people yell during sex? (Grade 4)
2. Have you ever sexed before and if so did you enjoy it? (Grade 5)
3. Do people have to go to the hospital to make a baby or can they just do it at home? (kindergarten).
4. What if a lady has two penises in her vagina? (Grade 1)
5. If you don't use it do you lose it? (Grade 7)
6. [When Noon asked a group of Grade 1s if they have any more questions about condoms] "Yah, can we see you wear one of those? "
7. What if someone doesn't want a baby? Is there a way to cancel it? (Grade 2)
8. My dad calls my testicles my "family jewels". Is that a scientific word? (Grade 3)
9. How do you tell someone you aren't comfortable intercourse-ing with them? Do we ever have to intercourse? (Grade 4)
10. Is the ocean salty because of whale sperm? (Grade 6)