3 dogs die of poisoning in Leslieville
Toronto police are investigating after an animal hospital in Toronto's Leslieville neighbourhood warned that three dogs were poisoned to death.
It's not clear what the dogs came in contact with. Earlier on Wednesday, the Greenwood Animal Hospital said on its website that it may have been anti-freeze soaked into food.
The poisonings happened on Sunday, as owners were walking their dogs along back alleyways east of Pape Avenue, running north-south between Queen and Dundas streets, and also in the alley south of Gerrard Street and behind the Matty Eckler Recreation Centre.
The animal hospital is cautioning dog owners to be on the alert when they're walking their animals.