Searchlight 2020: key dates
Are you planning to enter Searchlight 2020? Here are all the dates you need to know
If you're planning to enter CBC Music's Searchlight 2020 contest, you'll need to keep an eye on our key dates. From the opening day of the submission period on Tuesday, Jan. 14, to when the grand prize winner is announced on Thursday, March 5, here are all the dates to circle on your calendar.
- The submission period starts on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends Tuesday, Jan. 28, at 2:59 p.m. ET. This is when all entrants can register for Searchlight 2020 and upload a song to YouTube.
- Round 1: Voting begins on all eligible songs on Tuesday, Feb. 4, at 3 p.m. ET and ends Thursday, Feb. 13, at 2:59 p.m. ET.
- Round 2: Voting begins on the top 100 on Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 3 p.m. ET and ends on Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 2:59 p.m. ET.
- Round 3: The judges' voting on the top 10 begins on Thursday, Feb. 27, at 3 p.m. ET and ends on Tuesday, March 3, at 2:59 p.m. ET.
- Final: the grand prize winner will be announced on q on Thursday, March 5, at approximately 10 a.m. ET.
Good luck to all our contestants this year!