Everything you need to know about the 2018 CBC Music Festival
We are only a few days away from the 2018 CBC Music Festival, a full day of music, food and fun at Toronto's RBC Echo Beach. Our all-Canadian lineup is guaranteed to entertain audiences — in person and via live-stream for those who can't attend.
For full details of everything happening at this year's festival, scroll down and find out every act performing, every food truck serving up tasty dishes and every fun activity you can partake in for free!
Festival time: Gates open at 1:30 p.m., festival ends at 11 p.m.
How to get tickets: Tickets are still available at Ticketmaster. Children 12 years old and under can attend for free!
How to watch if you're not in Toronto: Head to CBCMusic.ca for a full stream of the festival's main and q stages, or CBC Music's Facebook page for Facebook Lives of individual sets from the same stages.
How to watch after the event: Tune in to CBC-TV on Sunday, July 1, at 8 p.m. local, 8:30 p.m. NL for a one-hour special featuring performances and interviews with July Talk, Charlotte Day Wilson, A Tribe Called Red and more.
Stages: With the addition of two new stages (River Bar Stage and CBC Comedy Stage), this year's CBC Music Festival will feature six stages showcasing a wide array of acts. Set times for each stage are below:
- The Jerry Cans: 2:25-3:05 p.m.
- Busty and the Bass: 3:30-4:10 p.m.
- Jenn Grant: 4:35-5:15 p.m.
- The Rural Alberta Advantage: 5:40-6:25 p.m.
- Charlotte Day Wilson: 6:55-7:40 p.m.
- A Tribe Called Red: 8:10-9:10 p.m.
- July Talk: 9:45-11 p.m.
- aquakultre: 2:10-2:30 p.m.
- Ammoye: 2:55-3:25 p.m.
- Boogat: 3:50-4:20 p.m.
- Fortunate Ones: 4:45-5:30 p.m.
- Milk & Bone: 5:55-6:40 p.m.
- Northern Touch All-Stars: 7:10-8:10 p.m.
- Yukon Blonde: 8:45-9:45 p.m.
CBC Festival Stage
- Zaki Ibrahim: 2:10-2:40 p.m.
- Caveboy: 3:05-3:30 p.m.
- Midnight Shine: 4:10-4:35 p.m.
- Johnny Balik: 5:10-5:40 p.m.
- Kacy & Clayton: 6:25-6:55 p.m.
- Logan Straats: 7:25-8:10 p.m.
River Bar Stage
- Moscow Apartment: 3:05-3:30 p.m.
- Alcordo: 4:10-4:35 p.m.
- JXCK KXLLY: 5:15-5:40 p.m.
- TOBi: 6:25-6:50 p.m.
CBC Kids' Zone
- MusiCounts: 2:05-2:25 p.m.
- The Rural Alberta Advantage: 3:05-3:25 p.m.
- A Tribe Called Red: 4:10-4:30 p.m.
- The Jerry Cans: 5:15-5:35 p.m.
CBC Comedy Stage
- Sophie Kohn (standup): 2:25 p.m.
- Martha Chaves (standup): 2:35 p.m.
- Jeremy Woodcock (standup): 2:45 p.m.
- Mark Correia (magician): 3:10 p.m.
- Rakhee Morzaria and Christian Smith (improv): 3:30 p.m.
- Jackie Pirico (standup): 5:10 p.m.
- Ryan Dillon (standup): 5:20 p.m.
- Pat Thornton (standup): 5:30 p.m.
Activities: Aside from the music, there are a number of other fun things you can do at the festival this year, from free makeup and hair transformations to photo opportunities.
CBC Music and CBC Toronto Tent
- Finders Keepers Giveaway (scavenger hunt).
- The Jam or Not a Jam vending machine.
- CBC Music listening station.
- Airbrush tattoos.
- Interactive "Show Us Your GTA" map.
CBC Kids' Zone
- Meet and greet with the stars of PJ Masks.
- Lumo Play digital action station.
- Rock 'n' Roll hair salon.
- Rock 'n' Roll tattoo parlour.
- Rock 'n' Roll makeup.
- Rock 'n' Roll red carpet.
- Craft stations featuring CBC Music Festival colouring pages.
- Diaper change stations.
- Giant sandbox with hula hoops, sand toys and sidewalk chalk.
CBC q stage
- T-shirt cannon.
CBC Arts Tent
- Live art installation with abstract artist Callen Schaub.
CBC Comedy Stage
- Trivia and prize giveaways.
CBC Podcast Tent
- Button-making station.
- Listening station.
CBC Docs Tent
- Light installation.
CBC Life Tent
- Lemonade stand photo-op.
- Free t-shirts and cookies.
- Video-watching station.
CBC Sports Tent
- Photo-op with the James Norris Trophy, Lady Byng Trophy and Conn Smythe Trophy on the Hockey Night in Canada desk.
Food: This year's food truck expo will have something for everyone. Here are all the participating food trucks:
- Augies Ice Pops.
- Funnel Cloud.
- Mighty Fine Brine.
- Mr. Softee.
- Fancy Franks.
- Food Dudes.
- La Fiesta.
- Maestro Mac N Cheese.
- Pappas Greek.
- Pasta in a Cone.
- Poutine Supreme.
- Rancho Relaxo.
- Randy's Roti.
- Toben Food by Design.
- The Ultimate Food Truck.
- The Brewing Bean.
- Summertime Lemonade.
- Tropic Love Concessions.
Flea market vendors
- Fierce Deer Jewelry.
- Outpost Vintage.
- Wax on Wheels.
Bicycles: There will be a complementary bike valet onsite.
Rafts: Rent your choice of stand-up paddle boards, turbo tubes and two-person non-tip yaks from GrandRiver Rafting. It'll cost $10 per person for 30 minutes. (Cash only.)
What you can bring: homemade food wrapped in plastic; blankets; low-profile lawn chairs; small, collapsible umbrellas; one sealed plastic bottle of water; refillable water bottles (there's a free water station for refilling); non-professional cameras (point-and-shoots, disposables); strollers.
What you cannot bring: alcohol; narcotics or illegal substances; cans; glass bottles; laser pens/pointers; audio/video recording devices; pro cameras with detachable lenses; glow sticks; any object that can be used as a projectile or weapon.
See you there!