Canadian Music Class Challenge 2021: key dates
Find out when to enter — and when we choose a winner
CBC Music's Canadian Music Class Challenge is back for a fall 2021 edition.
Every year, we challenge music educators from across Canada to teach their students a Canadian song from our list, but we know that this school year will still be a challenge in different ways for many students and teachers.
However, we were so inspired by the physically distanced creativity shown in last year's contest that we're very confident that students and music teachers will rise to the Challenge once again! We are still asking for a video performance, but we ask that the video performance is done with your recommended provincial or territorial safety measures. You can read more details about how to enter here.
Below are a few key dates to keep in mind if you are participating in this year's program:
- Aug. 31: Official 2021 song list is revealed and registration begins at 5 a.m. ET/2 a.m. PT
- Oct. 5: Video submissions open at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT
- Nov. 23: Video submissions close at 11:59 p.m. ET/9:59 p.m. PT
- Dec. 7: Top 10 in each category released at 8 a.m. ET/5 a.m. PT
- Dec. 14: Winners announced at 8 a.m. ET/5:00 a.m. PT